1. Crane. I had plans to make a paper crane but time ran away with me. As it happened E visited Leeds last week and the ever inspiring Fred Aldous store and came away with a new found passion for origami! The first thing she made was a paper crane! I spotted these huge mechanical cranes recently in Norwich.
2. Ring. I have two special rings, a wedding ring and my twenty first birthday ring. I don’t wear any others however, E has a sizeable collection and rotates them daily. Not including the two she lost in the ocean in Italy!
3. Set. I had a few contenders for set but I’m most passionate about my set of blue and white falcon ware and vintage utensils which have filled up a large blue vintage suitcase ready and waiting for adventures in our teardrop trailer (if M ever finishes building it!)
4. Light. Is there anything better than hygge candlelight?
5. Bow. I suspect my teenage son still has a Robin Hood style bow and arrow shoved down the side of his wardrobe somewhere but in the absence of that I’ve chosen Bow as in Bow Wow. Even at a young age I really loathed this term used in children’s books to mean a dog. It didn’t make sense then and it doesn’t make much sense now. Call a dog a dog! Woof says Riley!
6. Spring. This photo was taken way back in Spring this year when it was just a relief to be able to shed a few winter layers and not battle through so much mud and notice things like random tulips on the edge of farmer’s fields.
7. Open. Pitching our caravan for twelve weeks in a wooded site so that we can use it as and when we are free has been the best decision. The greatest simple pleasure has been to throw open the roof windows and just wake up to a view of swaying pine trees. I may have mentioned this before (sorry!).
8. Grand. Also whilst out and about in Norwich, a very grand shop front.
9. Park. Caravan park. This tiny little Eriba caravan was our neighbour for a few nights. I love them and wish I was brave enough to ask for a guided tour!
10. Own choice. Ella. Source of all my grey hair. She never ceases to amaze me. Totally unlike me in a lot of ways but that’s what I love about her, she’s her own person, with a huge amount of talent. I don’t usually do gushy stuff but I’m very proud of her, and so would her Dad be if he were still alive.